Friday, May 21, 2010

SMILES!!!

I love getting stuff in the mail, especially when I forgot that I ordered something and it comes in. Like what happened tonight when I got home from a LONG day at work. I was already not having a good week (will probably explain in future blogs...... maybe) and was just wanting it to be Friday so I could relax and have some 'me' time. So I come in all blah and walk into my room. There sitting on my bed was a box, a big white box.
At first I was like, "Did I leave this here?" and then "Who put that there?". I then saw the address and my face lit up like a kid in a candy store. I tore into the box estatically and was very happy with the contents. You are prbably wondering what was in the box that was sooo great.
Well first of all I have never really been a girly-girl. I perfer jeans to dresses and shorts to skirts. I have also been a very minimalist person when it comes to make-up. Hence why it is weird the I was overjoyed with this particular package.
It was a package from E.L.F.. E.L.F. stands for Eyes Lips Face E.L.F. is a online makeup company where everything they sell is a dollar. Of course they have a studio line which is $3-5 but everything else is a dollar. And everything is full size, so you get your moneys worth (or so I think, so far)
Lipstick, a dollar. Brushes, a dollar. Eyeshadow, a dollar. Nail poilsh, a dollar. And so on and so forth.
This package contained a summer beauty boost set (2 brushes, a full size mineral bronzer, a mineral booster, mineral lip gloss, 3 gold braclet, a bio-restorative day cream and a certificate for a body conturing treatment worth $500) that was $20, a couple of cream eyeshadows, a liquid eyeliner, and a lip stain. For a purchase of $20 (of course mine was more than that but you'll get the picture), I got 5 free full size nail polishes in the newest shades (super excited :) ).
They offer deals like this all the time, which means free stuff. I did a complete overhaul on all my makeup and it is all now E.L.F..
I am now a self declared E.L.F.-aholic, which coming from a girl who uses just the basics is a huge step. I still use the basics but every now and again I like to play it up and have a little fun with my makeup. I love all the products I have tried and haven't been disappointed yet. But don't take my word for it, check it out!! You might become a E.L.F.-aholic like me!

So unexpected packages (or packages I forgot about) are one of the tings that make me smile. That and bubble baths but that usually puts a smile on anyones face.

Tomorrow is Friday which means a day off, Woohoo. But it also means cleaning and laundry day. Plus I got to go to the post office and mail some books ( another thing that puts a smile on my face, book swapping clubs ROCK!!!) and then probably some grocery shopping, they got some great deals at work aka Publix. After that we shall see!!

2 comments:

  1. i have a few things from E.L.F & LOVE my stuff from them.its weird b/c I had never heard of them till right before christmas, but now I know if I need something new (makeup wise) I will be going to ELF.. :)

    xo
    -K

    ReplyDelete